Thursday, November 3, 2011

Cracker Candy!

I was browsing around through some random websites today and found a recipe for Cracker Candy! It takes about 10 minutes to put together. My mom used to make this a LONG time ago and I hadn't had it for YEARS, so I decided to make it today after I had finished teaching piano! Super quick and easy!

I'll post a picture of the finished product tomorrow morning once I get around to taking the camera card out the laptop and into the camera. :)

Cracker Candy





  • 1 1/2 sleeves saltine crackers (obviously, this is where the recipe gets it's name)




  • 1 1/4 - cups butter, NOT margarine




  • 1 1/4 - cup light brown sugar




  • 1 - 12 oz package chocolate chips




  • 1 - cup chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts or almonds) -optional (I didn't add them to mine)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and lightly grease it (so that the crackers do not stick to the foil). Lay crackers out on sheet in one layer. In a medium sized saucepan melt the butter and the brown sugar. Stir often and bring to a full rolling boil. After the mixture comes to a full rolling boil set your timer and boil the mixture for exactly 3 minutes.Pour over the saltines and bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips and wait until they are almost melted then spread the chocolate evenly all over all the saltines. Sprinkle on the nuts all over the top as evenly as possible. Refrigerate for two hours and then break up into pieces and store in a air tight container.

For an added bonus I sprinkled on some fall colored sprinkles - orange, yellow, brown after spreading the melted chocolate chips to give it a little bit of color and fall look. :)





ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment