Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Can I make it?!

Yes, of course I can.


I tell myself that on those days I'm completely unmotivated to go grocery shopping and we're not totally out of food. The only major thing we need is tooth paste, but we have baking soda - so there. Baking soda works just as well and we have mint mouthwash if needed. Food is still ok for right now and I can still make quite a few meals with what we have on hand. I'm totally feeling NO pressure and needless to say, I'm not going grocery shopping until either tomorrow morning, Friday afternoon or Monday. I really don't want to go out on the 1st of the month since that is when so many people get money and then raid the stores leaving little on the shelves. Besides, my coupons from ebay were just shipped out yesterday and therefore I'll probably get them in the mail either tomorrow or Friday.

At anyrate, today I've been sitting here planning out my list, printing off coupons, double checking food items in the cupboards, and deciding where to go shopping. I actually was dreaming about coupons in my sleep last night! Last night, I had to come up with a meal off the top of my head. My brother-in-law was here for supper and is GF, so I had to figure what I could make without using any gluten. Easy. I decided to make cornbread waffles topped with chili, sour cream, and cheese. Yum! I opened the cupboard, read through the list of ingredients on the cornmeal box - wheat = gulten product. Sigh, that wasn't going to work. Well, I then I decided that I could have sloppy joes since he had brought his own gluten free bread, but I didn't have any thawed meat to add to my huge can of sloppy joe sauce. Well, who says that you have to have cornbread with chili?! I got out my large pan, opened my cans of beans (with meat), added some sauce, and heated it up! I also heated up some tater tots that I had in the freezer. My husband decided to create a new recipe and put the tater tots in his chili! That is so good!!!

New recipe - add tater tots to your chili for a new style chili. It's really good! I also added lettuce in my bowl of chili to make it like a taco. We didn't have any dessert because we were so full by time we were done eating the chili! I made a batch of waffles up the other day to put in the freezer. I made plain waffles, chocolate chip, blueberry, and chocolate chip/blueberry waffles! We had them yesterday morning for breakfast with some wonderful maple syrup that my grandparents gave us from New York.


What are you doing to prepare for your upcoming grocery shopping trip?

No comments:

Post a Comment