Thursday, July 28, 2011

Cappuccino Muffins!

The finished product - YUMMY!!!!




Yikes! It's been a while since I've posted anything on this blog. I just haven't felt the greatest lately so grocery shopping, cooking/baking and anything to do with food just hasn't been very appealing. You see, I'm pregnant!!!


I'm almost 12 weeks along and I'm finally starting to feel less queasy. My monthly grocery shopping trip was pure misery as the sight of any food made me feel so sick, but I managed to get through it and spent less than $150! Yay!

I'm blessed to live close to my parents and younger siblings and my in-laws. My youngest siblings have been such a blessing as they helped me cook up my meat, boil noodles and help make several freezer meals which have come in very handy over the past several weeks. I totally agree with whoever came up with the idea of preparing ahead of time when you're in your very early weeks of pregnancy - because having something to just pull out of the freezer when you're not feeling is totally WONDERFUL!

Yesterday, I felt really good and actually managed to do some baking! I was quite pleased and very happy with myself since it had been weeks since I had even wanted to see a recipe book. I made cappuccino muffins from off the Taste of Home website (I love their recipes!).

You can go here to get the recipe: http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Cappuccino-Muffins
(for some reason I couldn't copy/paste the list of ingredients without my computer freezing up on me, so I decided to do it this way instead).

If you enjoy coffee or have coffee-loving friends or family than you must try this recipe!

Here are some pictures:

This is the cream cheese spread which smells like Starbucks!!!! They say it tastes good on bagels, so I'm going to give it a try as well! I'm sure they'll taste delightful! :)








This is a picture of the muffin batter - I bought one of those little boxes that have 8 little individual packets of instant coffee instead of buying an entire jar of instant coffee since I know we could never use that much instant coffee and it worked out quite well. I still have enough packets to make another batch of muffins.

Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

  1. I made these last night, and they are sooooo yummy!!! :)

    ReplyDelete