Thursday, April 21, 2011

Sweets!!!

Do you enjoy baking? I sure do! I love spending time in the kitchen making cookies, pies, cobblers, doughnuts, cinnamon rolls, cakes and muffins!

This week I tried a new recipe (sorry, there are no pictures this time).

Surprise Muffins

(Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Cupcakes)


  • 1 devil's food cake mix

  • 1 8oz package cream cheese, softened

  • 1/3 cup sugar

  • 1 large egg

  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels

Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Spoon batter into paper-lined muffin pans, filling two-thirds full. Beat cream cheese and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add egg, beating well; stir in chocolate morsels. Spoon 1 heaping teaspoon cream cheese mixture into center of each cupcake. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool on wire racks. Store in refrigerator. Yield 2 dozen.


I used a homemade chocolate cake batter since I didn't have a cake mix on hand and it worked quite well. I also decided to cover the cream cheese mixture with a small scoop of the cake batter. I made 2 1/2 dozen muffins! :)


We have also been enjoying our freezer meals! Two spaghetti pies and one chicken tortillas are gone! We still have 1 more spaghetti pie left and then the chicken veggie lasagna.


What yummy foods have you been making in your kitchen???

1 comment:

  1. My great aunt passed down a recipe like this called Black Bottom Cupcakes. So delicious!

    ReplyDelete